Welcome to My World
Hi there! Thanks for visiting. If you’re wondering about the person who owns this blog, then please allow me to share something about myself.
I am Gerard Gibbs. To my friends, I am a loyal person who’s there to listen when they need a friend to talk to, or just someone whom they can have a good time with. To my family, I am the guy who likes to keep his peace and avoid getting caught up in a heated argument if that’s even possible (well you know how families can be at times – there are bound to be bumps along the way). But to me, I would like to think of myself as someone who’s passionate about a lot of things.
If there is one quote that would best describe my life right now, this would be it:
“You only live once.”
Okay, so that was probably not as flashy as you would have expected (others obviously have some road life quotes that would describe them). That actually revealed itself after one tragic incident – I lost my mom in 2016 to kidney failure at the age of 69. And just like that, it dawned on me how life is really very short. After the burial, I decided that something in my life had to change. That I am going to really experience it and just take it all in – good or bad. In a short span of time, I’ve created a list of the things that I wanted to do.
1. I am going to exercise like the experts have always been telling us to do.
2. I am going to be mindful of the things that I eat.
3. I am going to be better at blocking the negative opinions from others.
4. I am going to surround myself with people who like to dream and think of positive thoughts.
5. I am going to build a blog (this is it) where I could just share my thoughts.
6. I am going to invest in “me times” from now on.
7. I am going to enjoy the company of the people who are already in my life and the nice people that I will be meeting in the future (that could be you).
8. I am going to let go of the things that didn’t work out and open myself to new opportunities.
9. I am going to do the things that I love to do (reading, writing, taking photos, doodling).
10. I am going to start travelling.
Why the list above? Let’s just say that some of those are a challenge for me to do. I want to live happy. I want to live longer. I want to stretch out of my comfort zone. I think in some way, these things are going to enrich my life and when is the better time to start other than now?
This blog will consist some of the things that I am genuinely interested in such as finance, pets, health, photography, people, family, and food. For the others, well, some of these things which are new to me that just caught my fancy. From a guy who loves to widen his horizons whether he’s curled up on the couch reading Kiyosaki’s book, or out for a jog with his dog, I hope that you will find this blog enriching. I promise to update it whenever I can.
Once again, welcome to my blog and I look forward to having a great time interacting with all of you.